BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, December 09, 2006




WHAT MOTIVATES YOU!

Ok, so I've just watched the NBC coverage of IM Hawaii. I am passionate about this sport so it touches me. I am not normal. Nobody who knows me will argue that!! It's now safe to say, watching this coverage, the first one I've competed in, I am more motivated to return than I was to get there in the first place! I didn't think that was possible. That is hard to believe because I was hellbent on getting to Kona and didn't care what happened after that! Words mean nothing, action is the only thing. In this sport, that is a cruel reality. I am so inspired by stories that I hear. I think that is what will keeps me in this sport as long as my body will allow! I love Desiree's happiness, Michellie's readiness, Natascha's professionalism, Jo's candidness and Lisa's absolute determination. I've had the pleasure of meeting Michellie and Lisa and have had conversations with them. I don't know if any other sport allows that closeness to the elites as triathlon and that's part of the sport that is so cool. I also have met a few other pro's but these two individuals stick out in my mind. They are really nice, "regular" people I've really rooted for them and they are awesome! I appreciate that Desiree is a college runner, as am I, and only "just" learned to swim seven years ago! Wish I had that kind of talent!
The Dane has left for Europe for a week and I am alone to fend for myself, yikes! I realize how much he means to my whole life now, more so when he's gone. We have had a good week of run frequency, swim technique and bike when we can. The goal in December is to recover and have time together, training is sencondary. But...
I am sappy, I am inspired by the stories that are shown. I think, you have to be dead if you aren't inspired to be better than you are! I hope that we all can be better than we already are now. I'm already planning on it......are you???....

1 comments:

emmyfrailing said...

I AM ready! No, Kathy, you are not normal....you are unique. Oddly enough you are not unique in your passion evidenced by nearly 2000 triathletes up and ready so very early on an October morning in Kona. I am so very proud of you, as anyone who knows me will attest! Aloha. Love, Madre