BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 12, 2008




Oh, beautiful Denmark. We slept until almost 10 am (but that's only 4 am my time) this morning. Took a beautiful run through Deer Park (cannot type it in Danish) and it was truly invigorating! Nice dirt trails with people everywhere having picnics. Saw the King's old hunting palace and green grass and trees as far as the eye could see - I wished I had my camera! I will post pics when I can hook up the camera to the Mac Book. It's a holiday here now and nothing is open. We had lunch with the in laws and it's Dane's older sister & BF at the world's oldest amusement park right outside of Copenhagen, called Bakken. Not far away. just at bus ride (although we ran through there today). It was lovely and the weather wonderful. However, the temperature has taken a bit of a plunge and when the sun goes away, it's like winter in FL!! I brought appropriate Florida winter clothing though! We will be having dinner at the hotel here with the Dane's old high school friends which will be fun. Truth be told, we completely invaded their apartment last night when we couldn't find and open restaurant late (after my power nap) had wonderful cheese and wine and got back to the hotel late........(really late). We have dubbed this the Danish cave (the Tavanese will get this!). Yada, yada, yada we woke up late. It was fun meeting the people who have known the Dane for so many years. We have had a lot of fun and it's really cool to see a different culture and see where the Dane comes from. More later.
Kia Kaha

0 comments: