BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, July 18, 2010

11 months

Good running in Kona


On a theme now, from water under the bridge to 11 months, still, a lot of water. The ribs are very slowly healing and, funny enough, the first exercise I took up has been running. The ribs hurt to run but, almost like a bad side stitch...nothing I can't handle. Just can't run (or do anything else) fast. Running is the thing I love most, growing up as a runner. Triathlon is something that came along later (when I realized that I wasn't a very fast runner). My last good run was literally 11 months ago. We were doing the last long training day in the big push for Ironman Canada. 100+ bike ride in the hills, then 6 mile brick at 7:30 pace. Penciled it into the training log and then prepared for taper. Then, two days later, went to do an easy run and couldn't run up the road from the house because, I didn't know at the time, I tore my hammy. Life has been quite frustrating since then. Mostly, self inflicted because I continued to "train", feeling I would get over this stupid hamstring tear. But, enough about rehashing the worst injury of my athletic life. Oh, by the way, the fractured ribs have been, by far, the most painful injury I've ever had! So, I've been able to run slowly now which is better than nothing. I cannot swim, too painful. I rode outside yesterday, bumps hurt. So, I'll run. The great thing is, I ran yesterday then again today with no hamstring problems. I feel out of the woods with that but cautious anyway. 11 months for an injury is, I think, a long time. Hopefully, I am seeing light at the end of the tunnel. We'll see.
Cheers.

0 comments: