BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, August 01, 2010

I'm back.....I think (hope)

My beloved shepherd


I'm bad at blogging, deal with it! Life gets in the way. No other excuses. On side note, my bro did his first tri with an open water swim and didn't quit and I am very proud (wishing we had some swim genes!!!)
I have had a good two weeks.....in run mileage. I don't know what happened with getting over the rib thing but, suddenly, my hammy is good. So good, in fact, I've put in the biggest run mileage I've done in over a year. Now, keep in mind, I've not been swimming or riding, but, I'll take it. Yesterday was Top Gun Tri and the Dane felt out of shape (all relative) and fat (also, all relative) but won his age group by a bit (more, really. I'm being nice). He's been doing these dreaded slow runs with me and building base and I guess, it's all money in the bank for him. For me, priceless. I did a "long" run yesterday (while he was racing ->bad wife) of 8 miles which is not anything to some but was another huge obstacle for me having not done such distance in over a year. Tore the hammy 8/15/09 but, who's counting---->me. Then, the goal today (for me) was to ride 2 hours and run off that. Wasn't sure I could do it but rode the tri bike for the first time outside since the rib thing and felt completely out of shape. Ugh, I have a lot of bike training to do! The run wasn't pretty but got done. It was hot. I followed the feet of my beloved and didn't have any hammy issues, just bad fitness issues (and it was 90 degrees)! He guided me through like a shepherd and I did it (at 8min pace but better than I've done). The longest multisport workout in a year. I know, I keep mentioning that. It means a lot. I want to race more than anything, even if it's not "fast". We are signed up for Augusta 70.3 but that's in 8 weeks. Not sure it's enough time for me to get into reasonable shape and be healthy but I have it in my sights. I'll try....cuz that's what I do and will never stop doing.
Cheers. Onward.

0 comments: