BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, September 19, 2010

one week to go

So, the "6 weeks to 70.3" is coming to crunch time. We have a nice taper week planned, other than work, of course. I've turned a bit of a corner in the pool but am not back to where I was by any stretch. The ribs still hurt but I've learned to tune that out for the most part. The bike, well, I suck pretty much. I just have not put in the miles and I know it. I will pace myself as such in Augusta. That's life. The run. Well, this is the thing I've been wanting most in the past year since the hammy tear. I am running. I am running moderately slowly, by my standards. But, it's running. I'll take it. Did a "tempo" run early last week and got the hammy sore so I'm being very careful with it and not tapering/sharpening for the run the way I'd like but I refuse to go into a race with this kind of niggle. One thing I can be sure of is that if you want to find me on the starting "line" in Augusta, look for the 'ole gal with the wide smile! I am very happy to pin on a number and get going. Beginning again!
Cheers

0 comments: