BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Kona week!


Firstly, I want to wish all those lucky soles in Kona best of luck. I, for one, will be glued to my computer watching all day. Can't wait. I also want to admit I'm quite jealous after having been there last year. But, I didn't do a qualifier for this year so I guess I can't complain too loudly. I love reading all the blogs of the pro's who actually post, it's quite fun. I especially enjoy Michellie's and Rutger Beke's.
Well, the work continues on this end trying to get back to Kona! We did the final seven hour ride last Sat (actually ended up with 7:16, but who's counting) and logged 132 miles. Then a four mile brick in 90+ temperature which I took out way too hard and the old glycogen-depleted body made me slow down the last couple miles. It was hard but got it done. Still shortening some of the runs due to a little upper hammy pain but this is improving. My swimming is going really well. I'm always amazed how much yardage I'm able to do week in and week out along with some solid speed sessions. Hope it all pays off! Looking forward to taper in another week and a half. Go Rockies!!

0 comments: