BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Running 5K's....well, jogging



When you've been "out" of action for over 10 months due to injury, it is really something to pin a number on to the running shorts again. If you've not run, been competitive and/or had a major injury in your lifetime, you'll never understand this. I digress. The Taphouse 5K run just started last summer but became immediately famous with the post-race beer, but it is a fun social event as well. So, goal for me was to start in the middle and not run faster than my hammy was ready for. I have been progressing well with the running and feel, for once, like I'm over the hammy injury (but, at this age, one is never "over" a hammy injury). So, the Dane ran well, got a "world famous Boot" and we had fun evening socializing. I, on the other hand, ran a PW ("personal worst" for my Mother) by far but that was actually the goal, to not re-injure! We had a lovely weekend afterwards, SUP'ing and getting others to feel the the stoke of SUP, which is really cool. Watching the World Cup in our favorite watering hole, IRB House of Ale rounded out the weekend! Go USA.
Go Danmark tomorrow!
Cheers!

0 comments: