BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, October 10, 2010

IM Kona weekend, always an inspiration!

Kona has come and gone, never without inspiration. I am inspired about my friend Lisbeth Kenyon who not only ruled the 45-49 AG (aged up, thank God), but did it in record time! She is truly a great athlete and nice gal! Good on ya!!
With Chrissie Wellington out of the race, Mirinda C. won in style with a great run - inspiration for all us "runner" triathletes! Most inspired by her swim though, gotta say. Guess I'll be swimming all winter!
We have finally recovered from Augusta 70.3 (don't think it's ever taken me so long)! So, back to running, biking, swimming and some SUP with the great weather. The plan from here is as follows (but can be changed at a moments notice):
10/23: suncoast tri
10/30: fall festival SUP race
11/7: wildhorse trail run 1/2 marathon (Xterra run series qualifier)
11/25: turkey trot (prob 10K)
11/27: autumnfest 5K
12/5: best of all.....Key West Triathlon
Key West is a new race and, since I've never been there, seemed like the right thing to do since my "season" is just beginning! The Xterra race is the first in a series of three races to qualify for nationals in Bend, OR then Worlds in Maui (you know I love me some Maui). This is not in ink, just in pencil provided the body holds up.
Cheers.

0 comments: