BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, June 05, 2011

Still alive

Yup, still here, just on a mid-year training/racing break which was planned after Florida 70.3. Didn't expect it but I my old body got a bit torn up from that race. I went in to it 100% healthy and came out of it with an issue with my left leg too close to my hamstring. I have done my own evaluation and don't think it is my hammy but it's too close for comfort. I did do some slow running two weeks out from the race and it wasn't bad but last week it really kicked up so stopped and now just swimming and riding (which, let's face it, is what I need to be doing anyway). So, I don't think it's major but I'm mindful and doing home PT stuff. Otherwise, swimming is good and just really started back on the bike which is never easy for me! We went mountain bike riding for the first time yesterday in Flatwoods and that was a complete blast! I, thanks to Val at Outspokin, got my hands/legs on a sweet Giant XTC 29'r and it's like riding a bulldozer! Sand, what sand! There is actually method to the madness here. We are considering an Xterra race in July in Jacksonville so guess we should see if we can even ride the damn bike first! Just want to do something different and that would definitely be different! I don't ride so well but it is a lot of fun. To be continued. I have some video from our ride that I'm trying to edit for viewing, stay tuned.
Cheers.

0 comments: