BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Clearwater Halfathon '13

Since I've only done (now) 6 half marathons in my whole life, running two of them in a 6 week span is pretty significant!  I started the "marathon program" after recovering from the last half marathon so there was absolutely no taper for this race.  I was willing to get beaten badly and live with it.  No foot speed - one of the things I really don't like about marathon training!  Actually, I'm not really sure the whole marathon distance is for me.  I long for speed!  But, since I'm in this boat, I'm going to row it!  Since the Dane has been dealing with an ongoing injury, the long runs have been mostly solo which is fine except I don't like spending time away from my Dane (when this is normally our time together).
But, I digress.  I will mention that there were two half marathons to chose from locally (St Pete/Clearwater area) but since this one is close, and usually very competitive, I chose this race.  It proved to certainly be the more competitive race of the weekend!  Not really what you want if you are me and not tapered!  Got the race I wanted and pushed hard the whole way but definitely felt stronger in general despite the four bridges on the course.  I finished in 5th overall, second Master.  Got a great workout for sure!
On to the marathon training, it just keeps going.  I love doing the mileage except during the week, when I'm running after work until nearly 8pm, it loses the luster!  I will get through this and through Boston but may not run another marathon for a while!  Not sure, just my legs talking after running 21 miles today, 15 of them solo.  No luster.  No glory.  Just me and my thoughts.....

0 comments: