BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, November 19, 2006


POST IRONMAN/IRONMAN 70.3 WORLD

So it's really weird to take five full days off and just go to work every day like regular folk. I have actually accomplished a few household chores with all the extra time. Nothing exotic, just things like laundry, hanging some little curtains, replacing old flag pole holder, etc. It's the small things sometimes! We did ride about 24 miles yesterday followed by a 3-ish mile run which wasn't terribly pleasant due to deep seeded quad fatigue that reared it's ugly head. It was cold this morning, about 48*, but we got out for a 40-mile ride anyway and tried running again. No surprise there, the quads are still sore/tired. Lucky for me, I have a massage tomorrow after work. I may get in one short run before Turkey Trot on Thursday but who really cares. I'm not going to have any running PR's for some time now, I think! Turkey Trot is just for fun though......that's what I keep reminding myself! Can't wait for the long weekend upcoming! Stay safe!
p.s. the picture above is from the Mauna Lani resort just north of Kona

1 comments:

Cyndi Frailing Nelson said...

You were regular folk for 5 days, good for you!!! Love the picture you posted! I hope to talk to you on Thanksgiving! I wish you and Anders "Good Luck" with your Turkey Trot.

Love, Cyndi