BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, May 17, 2007

TAPER

We are well into tapering for Florida 70.3 this Sunday (be sure to tune in to ironman.com to follow along). I have a love-hate relationship with the taper. On the one hand, I'm happy to cut back on the training and not be tired constantly and worry about fitting workouts into my busy day. But, on the other hand I LOVE to train and I love to push myself in workouts. I will take the compromise of pushing myself in the race and be rested enough to do that. I will have my work cut out for me on Sunday but I plan to just focus on my race and not worry about those around me. I've had some really solid training with MarkAllenOnline and am confident in my fitness. In fact, I emailed Mark with some taper questions and he gave good answers to help me feel confident in what I'm doing. Imagine, the Grip himself answering all my neurotic questions! This program rocks! Hopefully, it will be hot but we're supposed to get a "cold" front today/tomorrow so who knows. Can't control the weather so I won't worry about it. Good luck to everyone who will be battling out there on Sunday. I got some nice Belgian beer from my surprise party to celebrate with afterwards (thanks May-Li)! Race strong everyone.....

1 comments:

emmyfrailing said...

I enjoyed reading your blog, tho it was pretty much what you wrote in your email. I still think you did well. Isn't there any other way to begin the swim rather than with about 1000 other people? Yikes!

Who's the blond lady in the MarkAllen shirt with you? Love the foto of you & jeep in your driveway?

Train smart! Love, Madre