BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Epic rides in Maui





Whew, we did an epic ride a couple days ago. The sun was shining and the hills were steep. I'll post some pics but they don't even begin to demonstrate some of the climbs. We rode over the north hills to the other side of the island with some of the most beautiful scenery I've ever seen. Wound our way back thru Wailuku town then to Maalea where the tradewinds are ferocious, to say the least. It was super fun. To show how difficult it was, it took us nearly 5 hours to go 62 miles - crazy. It was scary and fun at the same time. The road got really narrow, the winds were howling and the descents were super scary. Other than that, have been getting some really good runs in too, I love running here! Going to the Mercedes Golf thing today then hopefully to the beach - I'm still just as pale now as when I arrived. The weather hasn't been great but hopefully will improve.
Cheers!

0 comments: