BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 31, 2008

Thank goodness for rest week!

I've had a solid training week last week and am thoroughly tired and sore. I did all my workouts, plus extra swimming. My long run is still not long but I'm trying to gradually extend that. It'll affect my early races but hopefully I'll have it long enough for half ironman in June. I'm dealing with some really strange pains in my butt/hamstring area so have stopped the power weights - may have been too much to do while training with power on the bike. I'm gonna see how a week of rest does then persue opinions if these pains don't resolve next week. Being over 40 is a drag. I do have a race on Sunday 4/6, olympic distance tri in Clermont. I'll get to shake out the race cobwebs and open things up for real. I feel good about the swim and bike but the run is lagging due to time off from the injury. I'm really only doing this race because I don't like to have St A's being my first Oly distance tri. I look forward to racing with the power meter, not for instant in-race feedback but more for reviewing afterwards. We'll see. My legs are currently toast, hopefully I'll get a little spring back by Sunday. I have whirlwind schedule planned for April - Clermont 4/6, sprint tri 4/12, then St A's 4/27 (this being the most important of the three). I'm getting a new '08 P3C frame this week, my trusty '06 frame is on it's way to Sweden - I hope it's ridden fast! I'll be sure to take pics!
Kia Kaha

0 comments: