BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 19, 2009

Spectating

The Dane on one of the four bridge ascents


So, I'm back in commission. I ran twice this week with no pain or sensation of any type in the achilles. I am also breaking in some new orthotics which I didn't like at all the first run but they weren't so bad the second run. I visited with the podiatrist again today for an orthotic "follow up" and all is going as planned - he feels I'm gonna do well with them. We'll see.
So anyway, the Dane ran the Clearwater Halfathon half marathon yesterday. We/he didn't train specifically for this what so ever, mostly use it as hard run effort and marker. I didn't run for obvious reasons - yes, back in the day I would have sucked it up and ran anyway even though I'm coming off injury. I'm maturing (read getting old) and my body needs TLC now, sucks. Truth be told, I don't enjoy watching people do things that I'd rather be doing but I was determined to be a good crew and help the Dane out as much as I could. He had a really good run, went 2 minutes faster than the last time we did this in '06 - not bad for an old guy! He was 3rd in the Masters category which is also good. It was chilly and I had multiple layers as I was all over the course on my trusty mountain bike. I did go for a proper ride later so the training day wasn't totally wasted! Had today off, thanks MLK, so did a swim and bike. Trying to get in as much riding as I can. Swimming is going very well right now, best winter I've had in the pool. I actually PR'd in the 100 in swim practice last week. Hopefully that will translate into better open water times when I need them!

1 comments:

emmyfrailing said...

I'm so glad you're "heeling". HoHo. Great photo of the Dane. Tell old Ghutred congrats on his success in the ClearH2O race. Love to both........

Mor