BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, March 07, 2010

As the hammy turns...

The thing that possessed my time and energy this week wasn't training, unfortunately. It was tending to my hamstring. I went running on Tuesday, like any normal day in my life, and came home with a very painful left hamstring. I was convinced I had re-torn the muscle from the pain I was getting. An emotional meltdown soon followed, sorry DCM (new name for the Dane.....Danish Cycling Machine, stealing from Hillary Biscay). I limped for three days at work and at home. I did rest for three days and did some icing, gentle stretching, e-stim, etc. I can say today that it does feel better than Weds. Also had some ART and Graston, thanks Joe local ART guru, which was painful but I think has helped. Rode the bike Sat and today and felt fine. I don't think it will be several months of no running this time, just a couple weeks, thank God. A wee set back. My heel pain, as a result, is getting better as well. So, maybe no racing the end of March (except maybe Aquabike) but certainly April is not out of the question. Hoping I can work on fitness, which is lacking for sure after such a long time off from hard training. Hopefully, it'll get warmer and we can get back in the pool with some consistency. The Sunday ride is growing in numbers and speed for sure! If you live around here and want a super hard ride, join us on Sundays - what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. The DCM ran Belleair Classic 10K yesterday and went faster than last year, good things! My bro Mike has his first triathlon next weekend and we're really excited for him! Go Mikey!
Cheers.

0 comments: