BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Spring is finally here!

Not much going on here as I've managed to re-injure my hammy worse than previously thought. But, at least it's finally starting to warm up. If not, I'd be completely depressed! This means the pool is a normal temperature again and we have been able to get in two full weeks of masters swim. It really sucked to get back in but I'm feeling the form (such as it is) return a bit and we're able to keep on the set intervals. I am back to swimming with the pull buoy (which I hate) so as to not aggravate the hammy too much but I'm getting pretty good with the little bit of styofoam holding up my legs! I have been riding but playing with saddle height as the re-fit I had just aint working for me as I'm having foot/IT band and hip issues. I NEED to be able to ride since I cannot run now so I may find my sweet spot. We are back on the SUP's also which is so peaceful. SUP'd mid-week after work and it was pretty awesome and great stress reliever! Again today on the Gulf with some challenging wind and swells but managed it fine. My beloved iphone died so off the the Apple Genius Bar yesterday after work and I am proud owner of a new iphone - gotta love that company! Outspokin had a ladies night last night which we attended and I think that was a success and fun! Thanks, Val.
Oh yeah, my brother survived his first triathlon and I am very proud of him! He did well, finishing in the middle of his age group and, like his little sis, if knew how to swim any he'd be killing it! Way to go Mikey!
So, hoping to get back to some jogging in the next couple weeks, fingers crossed. Until then, it's swim, bike, SUP for me......not at all bad.
Cheers.

0 comments: