BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 08, 2012

Marathon recovery

Early on in Jax Marathon, still together!



Well, marathon recovery pretty much sucks! We were pretty much incapacitated for a couple weeks. Then, we begin to forget how terribly painful the race was and, as per my usual, I want to start training again. I want to correct my weaknesses. I want to get faster. I want to get stronger. But, just like the marathon, I have to be patient and wait to start building. I am going back to being a triathlete for now although getting back on the bike and back in the pool (in the winter) is not proving easy. That's part of what I love about running. It's pure. It's simple. It doesn't require a great deal of time. I can do it alone. Let's face it, I'm a runner who has been competing as a triathlete for the past couple decades. I have loved and still love triathlon. I have accomplished more in triathlon than I thought I ever would. I want to explore how well I can compete running this time around. It's a bit late, turning 45 this year but I feel the passion and that's important to me. I'm not talking about qualifying for Olympic Trials or anything but competing at the pointy end of my AG in big races. Staying healthy is the name of the game and the key at this stage. Hopefully, I can have it all!
Cheers.

0 comments: