BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, December 22, 2006


EARLY MOTIVATION TO BECOME STRONGER!

On the trainer already after, what, about 6 weeks from 70.3 World Championships (add three weeks from Kona). I always feel this is a good time of year to, first, relax and second, work on weaknesses. One of my major weaknesses that I always seem to be behind on (even though I DO improve a little every year) is bike power/strength. So, my goal for now is to do the big gear work at least once per week on the trainer. It's very difficult physically but my motivation is coming back around after a successful '06 race season. I got a good tip from Lisa Bentley's husband about one of my fav short course athlete's (Emma Snowsill) workouts so I'm pretty focused on this type of training. I haven't ever really stuck to big gear work so I'm more committed to it this winter. I will continue longer, aerobic miles on the road since the weather is usually cooperative, unlike Colorado! Glad I'm not there right now! Swimming is hard again. It's amazing how quickly swim fitness goes down the drain but that's what I get for being a runner! We'll get in a good week next week because the Dane and I will be off and can get to the pool four days, at least.
I hope everyone has a safe holiday weekend and gets to spend it with someone they love, I will!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

What I love the most is the Wine Spectator Dinning Guide. Sweet reward after a hard workout