BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, December 21, 2007

Say No To Drugs 5K

Ok, so this race was last Saturday but I've been really busy! Busy at work, busy trying to prep to leave for Maui, busy getting ready to get ready to move next month. I haven't been busy Christmas shopping though - one thing my family counts on is that they likely won't get squat from me for X-mas. I've always been that way. However, if I find something for someone later in the year, I won't hesitate to give. Evens things out. Sort of...
Anyhow, back to my "race" report. I ran the 5K because, frankly, I haven't run as long as 6 miles since Ironman Florida and don't feel like torturing myself at this time of the year! I went really deep into the well at IM FL and I need the well to fill a bit again before even thinking about digging that hard. Anyhow, a really fast crowd of gals there, scary. Couldn't really tell who was running 5 or 10K, we started together. Chatted with Sharon B. for a bit at the start - always nice to run into her! Luckily for me, she was running the 10K! The race starts at the bottom of the Memorial Causeway bridge, up and over to Clearwater Beach then finish at Pier 60. Nice course but brutal if you start too hard up the bridge, which I likely did. I spent the next part of the race trying to recover from the bridge! I was getting serious challenge by a few of the girls running the 10K (guess I couldn't keep up with the 5K girls from the gun)! Anyhow, I ran my slowest 5K of the offseason but I ran more evenly across the board so that counts for something! I am ready for vacation, a change of scenery and a rest.
We will ride and/or run and swim every day in Maui (plus snorkel, surf, boggie board) and it will be thoroughly enjoyable. Can't wait. The plan for January is to run a 10K, off-road half marathon and get back on the bike. By the way, I've kept the daily run going, only missed one day due to massage appointment three weeks ago.
Cheers and Merry Christmas!

1 comments:

emmyfrailing said...

I take it this is the new ClearH2O Bridge. To both you and the Dane ...... Merry Christmas and God Jul

Love, Mom