BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, November 08, 2009

Pre Clearwater buzz

Getting ready to SUP on IRB, it's cool out!

The Dane gets the heavy lifting today

That is one tall board! Or I'm short!

Well, now the triathlon world is going to be focused on Clearwater Florida. Fun for us, a major pain for those locally that don't give a damn about triathlon! Since we reside within running distance of the race, we'll be out on course all day long cheering on all the hard working athletes (on mtn bikes). I go back and forth between starting the race and just doing the swim, and doing the swim and bike and not doing any of it. I actually feel I've FINALLY turned at bit of a corner with the injury and only because I've learned the difference between pain and discomfort - something which I have never had to think about. Pain is something that I've learned to disregard, which, ironically, leads me to where I am now! I suppose that being more "in tune" with the inner workings/pains of my body will benefit me in my training/ racing/recovering down the road. I will not be toeing the line on Saturday, I know myself too well and I will likely try and "run" somewhere along the way and set myself back another 12 weeks. Ugh, my sanity cannot handle that! I do, on the other hand, have friends that will be racing. I'll be out there as the loudest cheerleader! I love that we have a World Championship race here and may not be here forever so we have to take advantage of it! So, when you see the crazy group of people at the top of the Memorial Causeway bridge with bells, whistles and lots of antics, it's us and we're just trying to give you our energy! Enjoy Clearwater!

0 comments: