BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, May 16, 2010

The birthday blog

Great glasses and cards! Thanks to all!!

Gift from birthday bar, IRB House of Ale, check it out!

Ready and waiting for action!

Trying to surf one in! eeeekkkk.

Boy, I never realized how many friends (and fam) I had until the days of Facebook! I am totally overwhelmed with the b-day wishes and truly appreciate them all! Thanks to everyone who took the effort to put fingers to keyboards! Very cool.
So, my fab hubby got me a much needed waterproof camera for my special day and I managed to put it to work this weekend! We were, once again, blessed with beautiful Florida weather and I got to paddle my little heart out! I am planning to participate (read, not compete) in my first ever SUP race next Saturday, weather permitting. I hope to be able to do this event and report great stories!
Birthday weekend, as I've called it as I took Friday off from work, was great! The great thing is that we live in vacation/tourist area (not always good), so a mere day off or weekend turns into a vacation! Beaut! We did a couple tri workouts Friday morning then headed to the beach for some SUP training. Met some friends later on Fri afternoon for a 3-mile paddle which was really fun and meant some cold beers were just around the corner! Met more friends for the beers and a party ensued which was unexpected and really fun! Thanks guys!
Not to bore anyone further, I will just enclose pics of my great weekend which are not very flattering but, hey, I'm 43 years old and have not been training for 9 months now, go easy on me!
On an heavier note, I did sign up for IM Augusta 70.3 which is the end of September. Hopefully, I'll be back in action but if not, I sure know how to walk and am not afraid to do so! The Dane is in great shape to qualify for IM 70.3 World Championships here in Clearwater so I am supporting with no such personal goals. I just want to have a goal and get back into shape which is a along way off! Just wanting to get back in the game and doing everything I can to get back in '11. Fingers crossed!
Cheers!

0 comments: