BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, September 09, 2012

Hamstrung

Damn.
Never thought I would be here again.  You ask, where is "here".  Hamstrung.
Please recall, I spent most '09 and '10 racing time healing/rehabbing/being completely frustrated with my left hamstring tear (yes, by MRI) leading into IM Canada '09 & IM 70.3 WC.  Never thought (and hoped) I would ever face this horrid injury again.  But, without over training, Ironman, marathon, I found myself walking 3 miles home from a planned 12 mile run with, you guessed it, a hammy pain.  But, not the "bad", aka, formerly torn left hammy, but the "good", right hammy hurting in a way I didn't expect or see coming.  WTF!!!  Still not positive on how this occurred but have some thoughts in hindsight.  4 weeks ago from today.  Was swimming a lot with fins, wanting to make fast sets and no plans for anymore tri racing so not trying to get "swim" fit anyway.  Also, still healing a hurting left achilles - but, this was definitely getting better/gone.....ironic.  So, thinking a likely combo of errors with favoring achilles and lots of fin work in pool.  Either way, I freaked four weeks ago, having been here before.
Good news, four weeks out now, I'm on the treadmill jogging, alternating with walking.  Trust me, this is good compared to '09!  No fins in my swim bag but I'm swimming a lot!  The achilles is great!  Coming back and hoping for a fall running season.  Boston marathon registration is tomoz and the Dane and I will be in!  That is big goal....Boston AG podium.  That's it, I said it.  Gonna go from jogging on the tready to Beantown podium.  Stay tuned!
Don't dream it, train for it.
Cheers.

0 comments: