BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 26, 2008

Back to reality


Wishing I was in my favorite hiding spot in Maui

No sooner did I get my last blog done did I get the stomach crud! Boy was I sick for a couple days. Ick. I tried to pretend I was well and ran my regular workouts on Weds (tempo run) and Thurs ("long" run) and this was likely not the prudent thing to do but I didn't die. Tried swimming Thurs morning and was met by a massive wave of nausea and had to quit. I think I'm in the clear now although 3 pounds lighter. I had a great weekend of riding - necessary since I had been off the bike nearly 2 weeks! Did some tempo on Sat, nice easy-ish ride yesterday with L&L on the beach then a ride in the hills today with good group. Solid three days and I didn't suffer too badly. I have been seriously questioning my fitness here less than 7 weeks from IM Rhode Island 70.3 but I'll probably be ok, not great. Anyway, back to reality now and routine is found again. The Dane is already back in Vienna for the week - I miss him so since we were attached at the hip for our entire trip. The week will go by fast though and he'll be home. Still dealing with the niggly hamstring (only right side now, used to be both) but just running through it all now. At my age, there's always something hurting!
kia kaha

0 comments: