BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Gettin' healed

Another really good training week in the books. I didn't fair as badly riding in the hills on Saturday as last week, always good. The Dane was more aware not to leave me out there on my own. Must have been something I said! It was cold at start there but we were there when many others weren't, hopefully this will pay off down the road. We did 70 miles in the hills Sat then a pretty hard ride today, the hard part at threshold working on TT pace/effort/power. Ran off the bike today, 4 miles again, a little faster than last week but effort the same on REALLY tired legs. I did manage a long run this week, just about 10 miles. I visited the podiatrist on Monday and bitched about my right hip killing me and it must be the orthotics because I didn't have this problem prior. He made an adjustment on my right orthotic and I'm feeling better with the hip pain. It's not gone but it's definitely better. He told me to keep running so I adjust accordingly, just not fast - I told him not to worry, I don't run fast in training! So, hoping to have a pain-free body in the next couple weeks.......yeah, right! I do need to get in some long runs, I figure up to 12 or so, prior to New Orleans 70.3 which is in 6 weeks. I can't believe it, 6 weeks! We have never done a long tri this early so it'll be interesting. One thing is for sure, the Dane is in really great shape. He's pulling the group along today at 28mph.....then accelerates leaving us all gasping amongst ourselves. Then he runs so fast that I surely cannot keep up with him on the brick. I'm happy to have the training version (as opposed to the traveling version) of him back! At least I can still whip him in the pool! So, we'll keep plugging along. I would say more here but this is all we do - work, sleep, eat, train. I wouldn't have it any other way! Aloha.

0 comments: