BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, February 28, 2009

kickin' it





Old school, that is. Put new music on, from times where I felt I could do anything (athletically). I would put up more, except my mind is a bit scattered. Good week, though it's not over. Sunday is forecasted to be horrible weather for us babies here in Florida. I'll ride in some rain but not thunderstorms and 40mph winds. Anyhow, got in some hill (read bridge) repeats on the run this week. Long run up to 11 miles at good clip also. The hip pain is certainly better - bothers me more in bed when I roll on it than running! Good signs. I fear I'm starting back running a bit late for 70.3 race in 5 weeks but you never know. I like the old school music because it reminds me of a time in my life that I was fearless. Trying to regain that a bit for this year.
I got smoking hot new aerobars - 3T Brezza. My first ride on them today and they were very nice. Different position for sure but they are very nice. Too bad I left my good legs at home today! We had planned a "race rehearsal" ride/brick today but the ride was a bit slower than I would have liked. The brick, well, it was just hard. I had no legs today but managed a six mile brick at about 7:20 pace - slower than I want to race at 70.3 but I'm working on it. The Dane, well, he's Hell to keep up with anymore. Except in the pool. Our "speed Wednesday" in the pool was a broken mile (short course) - 3 x 550 with 30 sec between, add up the time, blah blah. I did quite well (for me.. 22:xx) and am happy with where my swimming is. We keep wanting to do an open water swim but these cold fronts are really churning up the water and making it difficult to get in any swimming. Maybe next weekend. I won't even bring up the pollen issue! It's making my life pretty miserable! So, a little recovery from today's workout and the next goal is Belleair Classic 10K on Sat - my run speedwork for the week. I'll post pics of new cockpit, have to eat now!
Aloha

0 comments: