BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines day

So, we had a lovely Valentines Day together, smelling the fresh, cool spring air. Riding in the hills today was special. Haven't been up there for 3 weeks and I felt each hill dig into my sad, sorry quads. The Dane, on the other hand, is in another league right now. We had a small 6-people group so no hiding on this 75 mile venture. 75 miles, why am I riding this far - I'm only training for a 1/2 ironman for crying out loud. The Dane left me out on the road with the rest of the group but I got some good steady state TT training in by my lonesome Well, I may not be able to run in New Orleans, but I'll sure be able to swim and ride. ! I set 2 PR's for 200y in the pool this week (n the same set) so I feel really good about my swim training. My "hip" was killing me after the duathlon on Sunday so I saw my massage guru who made it even worse! We figured out it's my TFL (tensor fascia lata) insertion on the iliac crest that is hurting so much. I ran 4 miles on Thursday and flared it right back up. I only have 7 weeks til New Orleans 70.3 (now dubbed the biggest 70.3 in the world.........and I'm in the last wave, lovely). I have to run now, no more time to take off. Decided all my runs now will be quality, no "junk" miles. I will work on pelvic stabilization also, hoping that will help cure me of this nagging torture. We'll see. We have another hard ride tomorrow which I'd like to say I'm looking forward to but not right now!
So, I hope everyone has a more romantic V-day than us! We'll be sleeping (really) early!
cheers

0 comments: