BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, August 29, 2009

One sleep left

Transition bags lined up, like graveyard, eh

Mere hours prior to starting our epic day tomorrow and feeling pretty calm. I was able to sleep past 6am today for once since coming to the Pacific time zone. Even though I fell asleep before 7:30 last night - real party animal! Anyway, got up and walked to the lake for our daily swim which was nice because it was warmer and there was a little cloud cover. The swim will be tough on the way back to the beach because the sun glares in the eyes. I have some great Sable goggles that are mirrored so hoping that will be good (thanks, Val). We did a little 30 min spin ride through some beautiful rolling terrain just out the door from where we are staying. I have some video and plan to post this when I get a chance. Stunning vistas and I wanted to ride there all day and forget why we were here! Back to the expo for more ART torture/treatment to finish us off. We cleaned up and had a bite of leftover pasta which was supreme with the awesome ingredients we have to cook with here! Went to local farmers market and got a few things to cook with tonight - the Dane is in his glory with all the great veggies! Had to rack the bikes and drop the transition bags today also so got to see the lay of the land, as it were, for tomorrow. Just relaxing now and enjoying a local wine, doesn't get much better. My "injury" feels a bit better today but the test will be tomorrow and I hope that I can work through this. I'm more worried about surviving the bike - it is truly an epic course that I want to be sure to manage my energy on. I was going to do a video blog today but too lazy and video isn't downloading as I would like. None of you should mind missing my mug! Thanks for all the well-wishes which we appreciate very much. This race will require the best we have and it's always a bonus to have all the encouragement. Thanks.
Cheers.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

We'll be with you! Love Stan & Val