BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 03, 2010

Couple things...

Suffering is an Art!

Couple things eating at me lately. Aside from the usual injury bitching, it has been really cold. Cold for Florida. I hate cold, that's why I'm IN Florida. Hurts my joints and just sucks. But, the cold motivated me enough to sit on the Computrainer today for a workout I've never been able to do indoors - 4 x 15 minutes at/above lactate threshold. I'll translate for my Mother - that means, it really hurts! One thing I hope to get out of this extended injury layoff is stronger bike fitness. A part of better bike fitness for time trailing (read, triathlon) is acceptance for suffering on the bike. I can suffer ALL DAY running but, somehow, cycling suffering is different and, for me, worse. I need to learn this and embrace it. That is my goal this year. I know my running will suck, so, may as well make up my time doing something useful. That is my goal. I may not race until October but when I do, I want to make it count! I also am dealing with USAT rankings. I've been USAT All-American since I can remember but not for 2009. Didn't race enough. Won 2 x 70.3 AG races but didn't do anything else. That stings.........and motivates me. Well, it's a new year and time to change myself. I don't really know what kind of racing I'll even be able to do this year rehabbing this stupid hamstring tear but I plan to be smart about it. I've learned a lot about myself and will try to continue to keep a short leash on my motivation except in certain areas. I've made a step in the right direction. The photo is suffering on the run, something I know/do well. To the future..
Cheers

0 comments: