BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Spring in January has ended

I know, it's unrealistic to think that the warm weather will last forever but, I can dream can't I! We had another chilly weekend here and, with the cold fronts, come the winds! What we lack in hills here, we make up for in wind. I did get three good runs in this week that felt more like running and less like jogging which is very encouraging. We are really dialing in the diet now that it's getting closer to some early season races (for the Dane, not for me). I thought I was being good with the diet but the scale doesn't lie and now we are getting into portion control during the week. We eat quite healthy but the Dane cooks so good that sometimes I like to eat seconds. Since the training is starting to get more consistent, that should help as well. The hamstring is doing really well now and it's just a matter, I think/hope, of gradually getting the legs in shape to train. May not be able to race for a little while but if I can do some run training, I'm happy! Happy to be entering February with the ability to run (after nearly 6 months of rest/rehabbing) and the temps will be getting better. Hoping to get out and paddle more also.
Cheers.

1 comments:

KC (my 140 point 6 mile journey) said...

Glad to hear that the running is coming along. Your 6 months of patience will pay off come race time...my money is on you!