BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Chilly Willy Duathlon

No racing for me but other multisport athletes in the area got under way this morning in the cold Florida air. The Dane was quite nervous about this race but excited just the same. I was playing spectator......again. I did manage 2 hours on the Computrainer yesterday morning so my legs were pretty toasted. I had only planned for a run today. It was, again, an unseasonable cold day in Florida and many layers had to be piled on the spectate today! I much prefer spectating in the summer. Anyhow, good showing and the Dane won his first age group race in his new age group, the "AARP" age group, as he calls it. He was also 12th overall which is a great showing, I think. We had two youngsters that ride with us, Cody and Shayne, that performed really well and they definitely have a future in the sport! I took some video so will upload that when I get to it. I'm slowly progressing. Big thing was I changed my bike fit this week. The motivation for this was a new saddle, Adamo Breakaway. This saddle, reportedly, allows the rider to sit much further forward on the saddle which, in turn, allows the rider to tap into more power. If it's good enough for Lance Armstrong, it's good enough for me! Anyway, got Retul'd again just to dial it all in and ended up with my saddle height lowered quite a bit. This feels fine when riding but the muscles will take some adjusting. I noticed that on my run today. I did manage 14 miles of running this week so it's going in the right direction. I do have to be careful with pushing the bike intensity before my legs get more accustomed the the new fit. No racing on my short-term horizon though so more spectating will be the theme. Well, at least I can record more video! Happy Valentines to all and mostly my wonderful Dane! I love you!
Cheers

0 comments: