BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, February 21, 2010

SUP, bikes and honu

Great weekend, finally, here in West Florida. Not quite up to our so-called average temperatures but close enough. Ended up on the beach Sat and Sun and have a little sunburn on the face to prove it! Got in five bike rides this week and feel the new position on the tri bike is pretty good. New muscles being used which I'll have to build into but feel comfy overall. Running was going pretty well until Weds when my left heel was hurting. WTF. Well, I always said back in my running days that if something hurts more than your major injury issue then the major injury is probably doing ok. No big deal, just had to dial the running down a bit but the hammy is progressing well. Thinking of racing the end of March....we'll see. Got out the SUP's after many weeks of hibernation and, boy, was it worth it. I did a power paddle run first thing when we got to the beach today then did another paddle with the Dane a little later and the Gulf was glassy. I had a loggerhead turtle swim right by me, it was awesome! The Dane saw one as well then we had another turtle swim between us. The dolphins were out in numbers and I got as close as I've ever been to that, really cool. Also, saw a little sting ray and puffer fish sort of thing. My camera is inoperable so I'm saving my nickels for a new, waterproof camera so I can take photos on the SUP. All in all, great weekend and can't wait for summer! Tired of the cold and will try and get back in the pool this week without getting hypothermia! I'm not very fit now but I am feeling less injured which means the world to me right now. Fitness will come when I can train more consistently. Gonna try an up things a bit this week. Hang on....
Cheers.

2 comments:

KC (my 140 point 6 mile journey) said...

looks like the running is coming along nicely. happy for you! cool sightings out on the sup today. have you seen any sharks swimming around you yet? that would scare the crap out of me. you still planning on the SUP race in may?

emmyfrailing said...

Sent a comment to your Getting in shape is tough entry. No sharksk, OK?

Our Breesman rocks