BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Taper time

Yippee!! I actually don't love taper that much because I love training but it's nice to have a little break now and then. We rode in the hills last Sat, did a "race rehearsal" type deal - 50 mile ride (pretty slow though) then 6 mile brick at "race pace". Notice my use of quotes. The race rehearsal is supposed to be done with race clothing/foods/drinks/yada yada. Yeah, like I'm gonna ride in hillbilly heaven in my swimsuit! Not. I did manage to get my aerobottle thingy strapped to my aerobars and used it as I would in a race. Had to move the SRM mount and it's not happy where it is so I'll need to rig something up. Anywho, the Dane, Linda M and I had a nice ride through the green pasture-lined roads. It wasn't too hot when we hit the parking lot to transition to the run.......until later! Wore the fuel belt to simulate G-rade at aid stations - hate wearing that thing. Set out at....ooops.....6:57 isn't goal race pace (dream on). Slowed it down and managed to get in a little over 6 miles @7:24 pace - more reasonable. Found the Dane and LM under the pavillion hiding from the sun when I rolled back into the parking lot. We exchanged war stories then went on our way back home. Hit the beach to unhook. Good day. Sunday was supposed to be a no workout day but I don't do that very well. We took out the road bikes and tooled around Clearwater Beach then did an open water swim later. Got sunburned but felt happy except for my nagging hammy - just won't get better. I'll worry about it more after Rhode Island. I'm gonna get back to the ART guy after the race so I can train for Kona. Can't wait for 3 day weekend! Cheers to the taper....
kia kaha

3 comments:

donnaska said...

hey good luck at rhode island! i'm sure you'll have a great race as always. best regards to anders.

donnaska said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
donnaska said...
This comment has been removed by the author.